Should I Put 15% or 20% Down When Buying a Rental Property?
In a real estate market that has seen significant increases in property prices and rapidly rising mortgage interest rates, it can be harder than ever to obtain decent cash flow. However, many real estate investors are tempted to minimize their down payments to optimize their overall returns by investing as little as possible in the deal.
A debate looms regarding whether a 15% or 20% down payment is preferable when purchasing an investment property. In this mini-class, James will guide you through a method for approaching this classic problem and provide some mathematical reasoning to help you reach a rational solution once and for all.
Check out the video from this class here:
In this class, James discusses:
- Comparing various loan programs
- Getting mortgage interest rates and private mortgage insurance from your lender
- How to compare two differnet loan programs... using the example of 15% down versus 20% down when buying a rental
- Calculating the return on the extra down payment for yourself on your own deals
- Download the Loan Comparison Spreadsheet
- Plus much more...